28 November 2018
The Art and Art History Department of Drexel University's Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position in design history with a focus on the modern period. We seek an innovative scholar and teacher who examines design and material culture within global and transnational contexts and from a variety of interdisciplinary perspectives. The successful candidate will work with graduate and undergraduate students from throughout the university and will also play an important role in building the new major in Art History.
- Ph.D. in Art History or related field in hand by September 2019
- Evidence of successful teaching in art history at university level
- Evidence of scholarly research, presentation and publication in art history
- A secondary field of expertise is highly desirable
- Undergraduate and some graduate teaching, and advising and service to the department and the university
- The successful candidate will work with students from throughout the university and will also play an important role in building the new major in Art History
- Total teaching load is 18-24 credits
- Teach modern design history survey every term
- Occasionally teach a section of the introductory survey
- Develop new courses within the Art History curriculum, as well as in collaboration with other programs
Apply by 14 January 2019 via the Drexel University website.