24 May 2016
The purpose of the Craft Research Fund is to advance, expand and support research about craft in the United States.
• To support innovative research on critical issues in craft theory and history.
• To explore the inter-relationship among craft, art, design and contemporary culture.
• To foster new cross-disciplinary approaches to scholarship in the craft field in the United States.
• To advance investigation of neglected questions on craft history and criticism in the United States.
Examples of research topics might be:
• Research addressing work by historically important or contemporary craft artist/s
• Presenting a new understanding of the relationship between hand-made production and digital technologies
• Contributions to the history of the studio craft movement
• Placing American craft in a global context
• Or other topics that offer fresh perspectives within the field
For more information and details on how to apply, please download our guidelines here.