18 May 2016
Applications are invited to the position of part-time DHS Administrator.
The Administrator will be responsible for the following:
1) supporting activities of the DHS including the Journal of Design History, events, publicity and information, awards and prizes, and recruitment;
2) co-ordinating the DHS office and DHS documentation;
3) working with DHS/EB to support core activities via the Chair of the DHS;
4) co-ordination of day-to-day financial matters in support of the Treasurer;
5) taking responsibility for the development and maintenance of current and past records of the DHS.
The Design History Society, a subject specialist association founded in 1977 to promote the field of the History of Design, is seeking an Administrator (part-time) to support the work of the Trustees and the Editorial Board of the Journal of Design History in their work. The Society organises an Annual conference, other events throughout the year and awards research grants and student essay prizes. It publishes the Journal of Design History, the quarterly peer-reviewed journal, in association with Oxford University Press. Alongside serving the membership of the Society through effective communication, the Administrator is responsible for the smooth running of the meetings of the Board of Trustees and Editorial Board.
The post, located in Central London, requires a self-directed, well-organised person who shares the commitment of the Trustees and the Editorial Board to the development of the Society’s work. He/she is responsible to the Chair of the Society.
Applications (in the form of a cv and covering letter) should be addressed to Professor Jeremy Aynsley, DHS Chair by Friday 27 May 2016 from whom further details are available.
It is expected that interviews would be held in the second week of June.